Broken :\ The character shrinks to a point after first fire, making them practically invisible and useless.
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Take control of a hot wind tornado, and slash and explode cold enemies with your heatwave! But beware, every shot makes you smaller, so hurry up and fight hard to regain charge!
Will you reach the final boss!?
HEATWAVE (temporary title) is a fast-paced top-down shooter with atmospheric levels.
It's my entry for the June/July Jackpot Jam, with for theme... Well, "heatwave" :)
This game will contain several levels, but for the jam I'll focus only on the first level and polish it.
I didn't have the time to implement sounds effects unfortunately :( but I'll surely come back to this game after some time, so stay tuned for an update!
Screenshots and maybe trailer coming soon!
- Shoot enemies! Beat'em and you regain charge!
- Every shoot consumes you, your heatwaves are coming from the hot wind you are made of!
- Enemie's shots consumes you as well! Lose all your charge and you'll vanish like smoke!
- On the other hand, beat all enemies to progress in the level!
- If you survive to the all enemies' waves, you encounter the boss!
- Beat the boss and get a new even stronger hotwave!
This Is a Jam Game
That means, it's not well-balanced, polished nor optimized -- though it's winnable. And obviously it's not finished yet.
But that also means you can suggest any feature or improvement since it's still very young :)
This project is on hold for now, I'll switch back to my first game, Shadowmorphix. But I'll sure come back to this one, I have big ideas for it and I think it has potential!
Meanwhile, you can play the demo and follow the dev of Shadowmorphix here:
- Game Released
- Fixed a bug where the player was diseappearing when shooting
- Balanced the game a little. It's now winnable
- Added a proper splash screen
- Added a "win" screen
Unzip and double-click the "exe" file.
Mac and Linux:
These builds are untested, I don't know how to run them, and I don't know if they work (but they should be working), so feeback is much appreciated!
- Version 1.0.2 - Balanced & FinishableJul 25, 2019